Alachua County Coalition for the Homeless and Hungry
The Alachua County Coalition for the Homeless and Hungry is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The mission of the Coalition is to reduce homelessness in Alachua County by developing and coordinating community-wide strategies to assist and empower homeless individuals and families. Our express purposes are:
- Develop/assist with the development of, and act as the lead agency for, the local homeless Continuum of Care plan.
- Discuss local issues related to homelessness and the needs of the homeless.
- Inventory all local resources for the homeless, including food assistance, clothing, emergency shelter, low-cost housing, emergency medical care, counseling, training and employment, and maintain a comprehensive Community Resource Directory.
- Review and assess all programs and services in support of the homeless and identify unmet needs.
- Facilitate the delivery of multi-agency services for the homeless to eliminate duplication of services and maximize the use of limited existing resources.
- Develop new programs and services to fill critical service gaps, if necessary, through reallocation of existing resources.
- Develop public education and outreach initiatives to make homeless persons aware of available services.
- Identify and explore new approaches to shelter care.
- Monitor and evaluate local homeless initiatives to assess their impact, determine the adequacy of services available, and identify additional unmet needs.
- Develop a strategy for increasing support and participation from local businesses in the Coalition's programs and activities.
[ top ]